February Mini Goals

TGIF!  I can't believe it's already February, but I am excited for the next few months!  I have some fun races on the schedule that I'm really looking forward to.  I also have set some mini goals for myself.  I find that if I make smaller goals that are related to my larger, overall fitness goals, I feel less overwhelmed and I do a better job of completing my goals.  I plan on setting mini-goals at the start of each month.

Here are my mini goals for the month of February:

Strengthen my back by incorporating some strengthening moves learned in PT - My back has been in a lot of pain this week and haven't been able to exercise.  I'm hoping if I continue to strengthen my back, I won't have any (or many) setbacks in the future.

Take exercise outdoors at least once a week - This is a toughie since it's February and the weather can be very cold, but I think I can do it!


Get to bed at a reasonable hour - This may seem like an easy one, but I am a night owl and I am sometimes up until after 1:00 AM.  The main reason I want to get to bed earlier is that I want to be sure I get at least seven hours of sleep a night (as opposed to my usual five).  I want to have more energy during the day!  I also want to try and get my workouts done in the morning.  I know that if I'm up until 1:00 and need to wake at 5:30 for a workout, I will likely skip my workout.



Upcoming Races

Over the past few years, I've run quite a few races.  I haven't really trained for those races, so for 2013, I have decided to focus on quality over quantity.  I have a few winter and spring races planned, but my big race this year is the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon at the end of August.  I plan to train hard for that race and really hope be able to run the whole race and maybe even PR!  Here's a schedule of my races for the year.  This could change if I find a race that looks like it's a fun one!

Totally what I look like when running!  :)

2/24 - Hyannis Half Marathon
3/17 - Irish 5K
3/24 - RnR Dallas Half Marathon
4/7 - Road Race by the Sea 10K
8/31 - 9/1 - Dumbo Double Dare (10K and 1/2 marathon)







I think the time off from racing between the 10K and the Disney races will be a great opportunity for some solid and proper training.  I'm looking forward to my upcoming race schedule!

Do you set mini goals?  Do you find they help you in meeting your larger goals?

I hope everyone has a great weekend.  It's going to be a cold one here in Boston!

Labels: ,