Rider Orientation

In four months, I will be participating in the Pan Mass Challenge (PMC) to raise money for the Jimmy Fund.  Tonight I attended rider orientation which started to make this whole thing seem real.  I've participated in endurance events in the past while fundraising, but they've been either walking or running.  This time I'll be getting on a bike and riding 50 miles.  As I've mentioned before, I'm not quite skilled cyclist, so I'm a little nervous about training for this ride.


I know I just need to get in lots of training rides and I will feel much more comfortable on the bike.  Each time I get on the bike, I will have to think about the reason I am riding the PMC, and I'm sure I'll be riding like a pro in no time!

Now comes the part where I shamelessly ask you to make a tax-deductible donation.  Have a Donor Advised Fund (DAF)?  This would be a great opportunity to use your DAF!  Also, it never hurts to see if your company has a matching program and your donation could potentially be doubled.  To make a donation, please follow the link to my donation page.

http://www2.pmc.org/profile/CH0192

I will keep you posted on my progress as I embark on my training over the next four months.  Be sure to come back and read about how I'm doing.

Labels: ,