Perfection

Happy Monday!  I hope you all enjoyed your weekend.  It sure was beautiful in Boston.  The weather was perfection!  I'm finally over the fact that I decided not to participate in this weekend's races... especially since yesterday was so warm and I knew I'd be miserable out on the course!  I had fun following some of my favorite bloggers as they completed the Hat Trick, so that made me feel better.

Since I didn't participate in the races over the weekend, I made sure to get in some outdoor activities so I could soak up the sun!  Saturday afternoon, I went for a sweaty three mile walk in my favorite park.  Later in the day, I met up with Alison to take her pooch to the dog park for some exercise.  Then we grabbed dinner at one of my favorite restaurants - The Greek Corner!

Sunday morning, I headed to Concord to ride with Alison.  It was a short and sweet ride, but with the heat and some hills, I sure felt it!  After our ride, I hurried home to shower and meet my parents.  My dad is the best - he came over specifically to help me put in my A/C.  The one in the living room is just too heavy for me to put in by myself, and my dad was awesome to come up and help.  I thanked my dad by letting my parents take me to a late lunch at PF Chang's!

After eating out twice this weekend, I felt a little icky.  So, this morning I planned out my dinners for the week and headed to the grocery store.  I only planned my dinners since I always have plenty of breakfast foods on hand, and I tend to eat leftovers for my lunch.  I thought I'd share my menu for the week in case you were looking for some inspiration.


M: Grilled swordfish topped with grilled corn, avocado, and tomato salad
T: Seared scallops with sauteed onions, zucchini, and tomatoes
W: Grilled chicken with heirloom tomato and mozzarella salad
TH: Frittata topped with salsa and avocado
F: Leftover chicken and veggies


It's not a super exciting menu, but it's full of fresh, summery ingredients.

Do you plan your meals for the week before you go grocery shopping or do you just wing it?  I usually just wing it, but I am trying to be healthier as well as spend less on groceries.  I feel if I don't have a plan, I'll buy anything and not stay within a budget.

Labels: , , , ,