Healthified Mocha Frappuccino



Hi! On this rainy Wednesday, I thought I'd share a quick and delicious recipe.  I made this yesterday afternoon before my workout so that I would have plenty of energy to fuel me.  It reminded me of a frappuccino from Starbucks, but it didn't leave me feeling guilty for consuming a ton of calories (one serving weighs in at under 150 calories).

My version is dairy free (although, you could use dairy milk) and has some added protein from protein powder.  You can opt to use cocoa powder instead, but I wanted something to power me through my workout.


Healthified Mocha Frappuccino
Serves: 1

1 cup coconut milk (regular or almond milk would be great, too)
1/2 cup coffee concentrate (or just leftover brewed coffee)
1/2 frozen medium banana
1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I used Tara's Whey, which has 55 calories and 10g of protein per scoop.  You could also use cocoa powder to reduce calories)
About 12 ice cubes

Toss all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.  Depending on your blender, you may need a bit more liquid to get it moving.  I used my Vitamix, and it worked just fine.

Labels: , , ,